Our goal is to give you the healthy, straight, and beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. We understand that choosing to receive orthodontic care is a big decision, and we respect your reasons for wanting to improve the way you look and feel.
Our practice will work with you every step of the way to make sure your orthodontic care is as rewarding as possible. We utilize the latest diagnostic and treatment technology, and offer a variety of safe and gentle treatment options to give you the customized, individual care you deserve.
Every smile starts with an initial consultation!
Your initial consultation will give you the opportunity to meet with Dr. Carroll or Dr. Sutton and our team, and to learn more about orthodontics, receive a complete initial exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. During your initial consultation, we will:
- Review your dental and medical history
- Take photographs of your teeth and two X-rays
- Note about X-rays: An orthodontist needs both a panoramic and a lateral cephalometric X-ray for a comprehensive evaluation. We are very mindful of preventing excess radiation exposure to our patients. This why we use the latest in digital imaging, which uses the lowest levels of radiation possible while providing superior diagnostic quality. These two X-rays expose patients to the equivalent of the background radiation exposure experienced during a cross-country commercial airline flight. If you have a recent panoramic X-ray from your dentist, we are happy to use it.
- Dr. Carroll or Dr. Sutton will discuss your concerns for yourself or your child, perform an oral exam, create a customized treatment plan, discuss any orthodontic treatment needs using the photos and X-rays, and answer any questions you may have regarding your or your child’s orthodontic treatment.
- If orthodontic treatment is not recommended at this time (common with younger children), the doctor will discuss what you can expect for your son or daughter in the future. Your little one can be set up for a re-evaluation schedule so we can monitor your child’s dental and facial growth and development to order to ensure optimal treatment timing.
- Discuss all financial information, insurance options, and payment plans
Our team will be glad to answer any questions you may have, and we will provide all the information you need to determine which treatment is right for you. Please contact our office to schedule your initial consultation.
Visiting our office about every four to twelve weeks is an essential part of the orthodontic treatment. We will work with you to make sure your appointments are as convenient as possible. When scheduling appointments, please let us know which days and times work best for you.
When appointments are made, you will receive an email and/or text confirmation that can be added to your email or smart phone calendar. You will also receive a reminder email and/or text two days prior to your appointment.
We understand that “life happens”! If you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know and we will do everything we can to accommodate you. When you’re ready to schedule your first appointment, contact our practice and our friendly scheduling coordinator will assist you. We’re looking forward to working with you to create a beautiful life-long smile for you or your youngster.
Visiting the dentist during orthodontic treatment
It is vital that you continue to visit your family dentist for dental cleanings and checkups at least once every six months, especially during your orthodontic treatment. For many patients, dental cleanings every three months during orthodontic treatment may be more appropriate.
We are happy to coordinate with your dentist so cleaning appointments and orthodontic adjustments can be completed on the same day. We will remove the archwires prior to a cleaning appointment and complete the orthodontic adjustment afterwards.